« Wimbledon Day 2 Upsets | Main | Nadal's Girlfriend at Wimbledon »

The Nadal Butt Pick: Charming or Gross?

Nadal_bite I like all of Nadal's idiosyncracies: the full-tilt sprint to the corner, the trophy biting, the leaping kicks, the OCD placement of his bottles court side, the pre-serve sock adjustments, the deliberate pre-serve bounces, and of course the dependable wedgie pick. (Not to mention the glories of Raflish,no?) Where are you on all of them?

Comments

Don't forget the fist-pump!

And the Nadal butt pick is perfectly charming. There should be more photos of that.

Posted by: lilove | Jun 27, 2006 5:58:16 PM

there should be! I looked and looked for one before giving up and going with one of the ubiquitous trohpy bites.

Annoying. Every single one of them

Posted by: Shawn | Jun 27, 2006 9:42:20 PM

His mother once said that he does the buttpick thing because he's nervous. Anyway, it is a little distasteful to watch, but his other fidgetings and superstitions I find charming.

Posted by: Ally | Jun 27, 2006 10:33:01 PM

I thought the 'butt pick' was cos his pants were so tight but he's doing it even with the looser Wimby model.
I think its more adjusting his pants (underwear) than picking his butt.
I think he's adjusting his socks less these days.
My favorites are making his oppenent & the chair wait for him while he has his carb gel before he comes to the net for the toss - then he jumps around like a prize fighter before THE sprint.
The punch/hop combo is great - the whole fired up Rafa is impressive - then as soon as the bandana comes off he becomes self effacive and shy - sooooooooo cute.

Posted by: paleochora | Jun 27, 2006 11:56:52 PM

I think he needs to stop wearing those capris. Anyone with me?

JUST PUT EM DOWN, RAFA!!

Posted by: Jack | Jun 28, 2006 12:31:38 AM

I adore the pirate pants - so roguish, especially along with the bandana. It's very sad Nike is retiring them. Although, I have to admit I'm enjoying seeing a little more leg ;)

Behold the butt picking goodness.. http://i5.tinypic.com/1218zzp.jpg

Butt picking is soooooooooooooooooooooo bad - Little class would be appreciated - Nadal is a great talent, just has a very annoying habit (hopefully he will overcome)!

Posted by: Over60 | Jun 29, 2006 10:24:28 AM

The kid's got a big booty-it's not his fault...
I actually like it. It's kind of funny....

Posted by: Nonymous | Jun 29, 2006 2:11:57 PM

::sigh:: The butt pick. I like it, you can always depend on it. Its so reliable. I like how he's so peculiar about how he screws on the water bottle cap, concentrating so hard :) and the fist pumps and all the energy w/ the open mouthed yelling faces. Then later he looks like a shy Mowgli. And i like how he jumps up to serve and you can see those abs :)

Posted by: lindsey | Jul 12, 2006 12:08:15 AM

the butt pick is so nasty and annoying. thank God he is wearing normal pants/ shorts now. i am glad. those other capris looked stupid. but rafael is an amazing player... and i am gonna see him play in CHENNAI today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!

Posted by: tennischic | Jan 2, 2007 3:51:24 AM

It's funny but I think it's his lucky charm! Hehe.

Yeah he should stop wearing capris.

Posted by: Liz | Jan 23, 2007 10:20:15 AM

yeah, the butt pick is definitely gross.
but i love the fist-pumping goodness and just his overall energy. everything but the butt-picking.

Posted by: harini | Jan 23, 2007 1:23:35 PM

Sponsorship? is there a pair of undies comfortable enough?

cumsquatanus

The comments to this entry are closed.